Friday, June 6, 2008

The First of Many.

Blogging, an interesting way to use one's time. Yes. I myself have never really considered writing down my thoughts, my ideas, my... musings. (Egad that was a tad corny) On a place such as this. I figure there's no harm in it, and I do enjoy writing (or typing as it were).

On to business.

I have a job that pays me more than it should (but not as much as I dream of making in the future). However, it is a boring job. Being a merchant seems to be a trend I've been going through the past few years. Although it's not really a "merchant" per se, I'm more of... a clerk really. I sell things to people and in return I get paid a humble sum that keeps food on my table and a bed to comfortably sleep in (among other activities). It is not what I dream, not at all. However I am working towards work that I'd prefer to be doing. QA at Disney seems a promising venture, as soon as they have need to hire me. Transitioning between jobs will be risky and... awkward with my current employer. I currently work in a small mom & pop style shop of electronic goodness, which if I do not go for some risks I may end up working for decades as the others who work there and have worked there. I don't plan on wearing a crappy polo shirt and selling electronics to old men for the rest of my life. I'd join the military before I'd resign myself to such a humble existence.

Now where was I? Ah yes, game testing. It would be a dock in pay, and an increase in hours. However this would lead to more money at the end of the week, but less free time. It is an interesting trade off to be sure, but it would only last for a year before I'd have to take a mandatory 3 month break from working there. Which is fine, because if I spend a year working my ass off (playing video games? Pffah, if it weren't for the fact they're in an alpha/beta phase it wouldn't be work at all!) and being frugal with my spending then I shall have enough to live comfortably doing what I wish for 3 months until I gain employment with them once more.

Fortunately, with my current crappy job I have plenty of time between the one or two customers I run into on a 30 minute basis I have plenty of time to write, sketch and make sure those metal boxes are aligned just so (to avoid my boss from having a heart attack over paying for someone not doing anything). He has a point, granted if I were paying someone to work for me I'd expect them to work as much as they could, if there was work to be done. I consider myself a hard and efficient worker, so I get work done quickly and done right. My problem is, my boss wants to see people working, not so much see the results of said labor. My main challenge at work is performing the song and dance of looking busy to appease an elderly man who insists that working in an electronic shop is a respectable occupation. (There are worse, but is not really the thing I'm looking for as a career)

That's quite enough of work-talk, that is for sure. Although I find myself working all the time. If I'm not working in a shop, I'm at home working on my project. What kind of project? Well it is a homebrew RPG (That's Role-Playing Game for those of you unenlightened in gamer culture.) for the PC. As you can see the right of this blog there is a link to my other blog which I dedicate info for that project. (Once I actually get to work on that blog... Yet more work!)

But I don't work all the time. I do enjoy the company of my friends and the random adventures we go on. Although not the most... rewarding of adventures, they're adventures nonetheless.

But those adventures are tales best saved for another time. For now, I go to work on other endeavors, and hope that once I have completed them enough to share, those of you who have stumbled upon my section of the interwebs will enjoy and tell me all about your experience toying with the fruits of my labor.

Until next time.

No comments: